Dear CHSG Family,
We have many new members, so some of you may not know this about us. We’re not just a typical Facebook group. We are actually a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that operates on many levels to further the cause of cluster headache awareness and research. We operate on a thin budget with an all-volunteer staff of cluster headache patients, caregivers, and health care professionals. Any funds we take in go directly to further this cause.
Here is what we have accomplished this year…
- Positive results from the Ketamine trial at Jefferson Headache Center are helping many patients with both chronic cluster headache and chronic migraine get relief when more conventional treatments have failed.
- Completion of our business case to address Medicare’s refusal to cover oxygen for cluster headache is now making it possible to put pressure on decision-makers to change this policy and improve the lives of aging cluster headache patients and those who have been disabled by cluster headache.
- Filming has been completed on our very own branded public awareness commercial. Production is well underway and the project will be released before the end of 2016. The raw footage is amazing and stars REAL patients who are all CHSG members. I can’t wait to share it with you!
We’d like to do so much more…
We have entered a new phase of opportunity for growth. 2017 is a year full of promise and excitement. Our dreams are big and we need your help to accomplish them.
- Expand the reach of our awareness commercial beyond the internet to reach television viewers, moviegoers, and more.
- Initiate conversations with oxygen suppliers and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to reverse the CMS policy to deny coverage of oxygen for cluster headache.
- Encourage the expansion of ketamine infusion treatment to other headache centers across the country.
- Join forces with our strategic partners to raise funds for cluster headache research.
- Develop a formal program to reach out to struggling members when needed.
- Upgrade our website to make it mobile-friendly with improved search capabilities and user interface that is easier to navigate
- Expand our service reach to new online platforms, such as Google, Instagram, and more.
- Expand our annual CHSG meeting to better meet the needs of more members.
All of these projects are made possible by the generous donations from members just like you. We can’t do this without you.
The need is great.
Cluster Headache is a rare disease. Despite its devastating effects on the lives of patients and their families, the small patient population simply does not get the attention it deserves from pharmaceutical research or government funding for medical research. There is not a single line item in the NIH budget for research into cluster headache…not one single dollar. To further the cause, it will be left to patients to drive our own agenda. That takes money.
We are entering that time of year when charitable giving is at its peak. While we realize that many worthy organizations will compete for your donations, we ask that you carefully consider a gift to CHSG. No amount is too small.
Let’s put this in perspective…
We have approximately 7,000 members. If each member were to give a mere $5.00 (USD) one-time donation, we would have a war chest of $35,000 with which to fight cluster headache. See how quickly that adds up? We do have the power to make a difference if we join forces.
Here’s how you can help…
- One-time donation – Even a small amount can make a huge difference.
- Monthly donation – Making a recurring monthly donation to CHSG helps keep operations moving along, covering simple operating costs like postage, accounting, website hosting, and travel expenses.
- Matching donations – Many companies will match their employees’ donations to charitable organizations. This is a simple way to stretch your charitable giving. Just ask your Human Resources department for details.
- Corporate donations – Many companies are looking for ways to give back. Simply share the attached flier with your employer, explaining what CHSG has done for you. You might be surprised how generous they can be.
- Amazon Smile – Set up your Amazon Smile account to select The Cluster Headache Support Group as your charity of choice. Amazon will make a donation to CHSG with every purchase you make. Bookmark this URL to start your shopping: https://smile.amazon.com/ref=smi_se_dshb_bk_smi
It is easy to make your contribution online or by mail.
Or mail check to:
The Cluster Headache Support Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 21
Fountainville, PA 18923
Every donation is tax-deductible! We will provide you with a receipt that you can use as proof of your charitable giving when it comes time to file your taxes in 2017.
Thank you for your time and consideration.